Remember my zesty coconut and lime sugar scrub? I loved that combination so much that I’ve got a matching zesty coconut and lime soap to share with you today!
We’ve totally streamlined the toiletries and lots of the things we no longer use have been replaced by homemade products (not all but some :-)) and soaps are one of these things.
Since I discovered how easy it was to make my own soap I’ve made a couple of different versions – honey and oatmeal and coconut scrub soaps have been my favourite so far but actually, I think this one has beaten them both! It’s so light and fresh and compliments the lime and coconut body scrub perfectly.
How to make your own homemade coconut and lime soap
Makes 5-6 bars using the mould that I use.
- Zest a lime, using a cheese grater and give it a pat dry with some paper towel.
- Cut the soap into 1-inch chunks if it isn’t already in chunks and pop it into a microwave proof jug – sometimes it comes in pieces and sometimes it doesn’t when I order it.
- Melt the soap in the microwave for 30 seconds and then give it a stir. If it’s not completely melted, put it back on for 10-second blasts, until it’s fully melted giving it a stir each time.
- Add the lime zest to the melted soap.
- Add the coconut soap fragrance oil and mix it well.
- Pour into the silicone mould.
- (Optional) Lightly sprinkle with more lime zest on top of the liquid soap mixture.
- Let the soap set for about 3-4 hours.
- Remove from moulds and you’re ready to go.
It really does have the most amazing Summer scent and makes me think of holidays! I’m not sure I’m going to be able to beat this one but watch this space. 😉
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. You can find out more about me here.
Pin my Homemade Zesty Coconut and Lime Soap for later: