You all know how much we love a good old sugar scrub, don’t you? Well I think this coconut and lime sugar scrub is my favourite yet and yes, I know I probably always say that but I really really do love this one.
Homemade sugar scrubs are genuinely the easiest thing to make when it comes to DIY beauty products. And not only are they the easiest thing to make but they’re also one of the kindest to your skin products that you can make at home.
A sugar scrub is an exfoliating and hydrating body treatment that are so popular because they gently remove the top layer of dead skin cells leaving your skin glowing and healthy so the fact you can make one easily and cheaply at home is brilliant if you ask me.
How to make your own homemade zesty coconut and lime sugar scrub
(As always, I make sugar scrubs using cup measurements – it can be actual cups measurements, plastic cups, tea cups – anything as long as your proportions are right)
1 cup of sugar
½ cup of coconut oil
1 tablespoon of lime zest
15 drops of coconut fragrance oil
- Zest the lime and blot it dry with a paper towel.
- If your coconut oil is solid, pop it in the microwave to melt to liquid form. I usually do super short blasts to avoid burning it.
- Add the sugar and melted coconut oil to a bowl and stir well.
- Add the lime zest and coconut fragrance oil and stir well.
- I find mason jars to be the best way to store this so at this point I spoon it into a cute little mason jar but any airtight container is just as good.
And there you have it, lovely refreshing and zesty lime and coconut sugar scrub.
Apply to your skin when you’re in the shower or bath making sure that you rub in circular motions to get the maximum exfoliation.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. You can find out more about me here.
Pin my coconut and lime sugar scrub for later: