This homemade essential oils moustache and beard balm is a perfect gift for Father’s Day, obviously presuming the Dad in your life had a moustache or a beard! 😉
Mr Frugal decided a little while ago that he wanted to grow a cheeky beard and I’m not going to lie, we all hated it! He’s most definitely not a beard person but it took him a little while to realise what we already knew and shave it off. 😉
In the three weeks that he was growing it, he not only struggled to keep it looking tidy which was necessary for his work but he also found it to be quite itchy at times as he was growing it so we made him some moustache and beard balm to help.
Homemade Essential Oils Moustache and Beard Balm
- 120ml (approx 1/2 cup) olive oil
- 50g (approx 1/2 cup when solid) coconut oil
- 55g (approx 1/4 cup) beeswax or soy wax pellets
- 3-5 drops raspberry oil
- 10-15 drops calendula essential oil
- 10-15 drops tea tree essential oil
- 10-15 drops lavender essential oil
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the olive oil, the coconut oil, and the wax.
- Melt it together in the microwave in short 30-second intervals until it’s all melted.
- Add in the raspberry and essential oils and give it all a good stir.
- Beat the mixture for 2 minutes with a hand or electric mixer until it’s light and fluffy.
- Store the balm in an airtight container until ready for use.
The verdict from Mr Frugal was that the moustache and beard balm definitely helped him with the itching as it made his beard softer and in turn, the fact that it was softer did make it look less like overgrown stubble and more like a deliberate beard. I definitely noticed that it was softer too and I hated it a little less when it didn’t prick me every time he gave me a kiss.
Thankfully though, we no longer have a need for this moustache and beard balm as Mr Frugal decided to get rid of the beard but if you have a Dad who’s more attached to his moustache or beard then this is perfect for him.
It would make a great Father’s Day gift or a gift for any time of the year.
(If you liked this, you might also like my DIY Beard Oil)
(PS) As always, be careful spraying when using Essential Oils. This post shares a bit of information about what you should know before using essential oils.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. Also, you can find out more about me and why I blog here.