Homemade hobnobs are going to revolutionise your life. Possibly. 🙂
Homemade hobnobs are literally my favourite biscuit in the world (unless you count chocolate chip cookies and jaffa cakes) and this recipe for them is one I’ve adapted over the years after a lovely friend shared it with me. It’s so quick and easy to make that I often find myself making a batch while I’m waiting for tea to cook and when I do make them, they rarely last long at all as they’re so popular.
I’m sure I’ve shared them before in a five frugal things post but for those of you who missed it, here’s my tried and tested homemade hobnobs recipe!
What you need to make your homemade Hobnobs
125g unsalted butter
80g brown sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
100g quick oats
100g plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
How to make your homemade Hobnobs
- Preheat your oven to 180 C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar until pale and smooth.
- Next, add the golden syrup and mix until it’s combined fully.
- Stir in the oats, flour and baking powder and give it a good mix until you can form a ball with the mix.
- Roll the dough into small balls in your hands and pop them on the baking tray. Squish them down until they’re the size you want them. Don’t forget to leave plenty of room between the hobnobs as they’ll spread when they cook.
- Bake for 10 – 13 minutes until they look golden brown.
Honestly, they taste so good!
If you liked this recipe for homemade hobnobs you can save it to your own recipe box if you use Yummly – just click on the YUM icon at the bottom of this post.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.
Pin my amazing homemade hobnobs recipe for later: