So it’s Goodbye 2010 and Hello 2011. We’ve had lots of fun together this year and I was considering doing a round up of the year for you but then I decided it would be slightly less boring for you if I just shared some of my favourite photo’s from the year with you, so here you go….
The year seems to have gone really fast and I must admit that I’m ending the year in a much happier place than when it started – I just feel more positive about everything and I’m looking forward to next year. I even have my resolutions planned out and duly written up in my brand new notbook.
I love the way that even just making a New Years Resolution makes you feel that you’re doing something positive to make something in your life better. I’ve spent ages this week thinking of the areas of my life that I wanted to improve (I’m not as geeky as I sound though, I just couldn’t get to sleep last night!) so that I could decide what my resolutions would be and seeing as I love a good list, I thought I’d share them with you all.
- Meal Plan EVERY week – I save a fortune when I do this which is why it’s so important that I stick to this one.
- Lose Weight – I hate the word diet but I’m determined to lose wight this year.
- Decorate my house – I’ve lived here for two years now and at the moment it’s very neutral. With it being a new house when we moved it, everything is magnolia and cream and we haven’t done anything. We don’t even have curtains up in all the rooms yet! I like the Shabby Chic style so that’s what I’ll be going for throughout I think.
- Sort out a new mobile phone and make sure I always keep it charged up and with me – My phone has died so I’m after a new one that I can use to tweet when I’m out and about. I’m really after an iphone but I can’t really justify the expense.
- Be an organised Blogger. I am so disorganised sometimes that I forget things like Carnivals and link ups and I don’t always have time to comment on some of the brilliant posts I read so I’m going to be more organised with my time. I even have a notebook now – how sad is that (it is a lovely notebook though)
- Spend less time on my laptop.
- Learn to use my camera – I have a brilliant camera and I haven’t ventured out of Automatic mode yet! I’m really pleased with some of the pictures I’ve taken this year, the firework one below is one of mine and I love the way it turned out.
Mr Frugal and I are going to sit together tonight and make some joint ones – nothing major, just things that we want to do together over the coming year. My contribution to this is going to be a mini break away from home without the kids, his will probably be to go to a Boro match together!!!
Thank you for joining me this year and I wish everyone the very best for 2011 and look forward to seeing you all again next year.
I’ve written this as part of the Friday Club over at Notes from Home. If you want to find out more about the Friday Club, pop over and find out what it’s all about.