It’s no secret that my favourite cocktail is a Mojito and Miss Frugal is following in my footsteps as her favourite drink is a Mockito which is the non alcoholic version of a Mojito so when we decided to banish the boys and have a Girls only night, we knew what we’d be drinking!
- To make our version of a Mockito, we just chop us some fresh mint and put it into the bottom of a tall glass.
- Next we half a lemon and squeeze the juice into the glasses over the mint before chopping the limes into small pieces and adding the chunks to the glasses.
- We then use a wooden spoon to crush the mint and the limes up a bit to release the flavour.
- If we have some ice cubes in the freezer, we add them at this point.
- Finally we top the glasses up with lemonade or ginger beer.
Perfect for a girls only night!
I try to make sure that I spend one on one time with both of the kids at least once a week and we use the time to do something fun together. Yesterday afternoon (after a very long bike ride), I played Lego with Master Frugal and then we went to McDonalds to get him a a McFlurry – his second choice only because Costa was closed!
After we sent him to bed, exhausted after the bike ride, we made our Mockitos and settled in to watch a girly film on TV while we sat in face masks and painted each other nails. We had a lovely night as we always do and it’s something I recommend to everyone with children – one on one time with them doing what they want to do and focusing completely on them and making it fun for them.