Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
1) I haven’t been into the office for the last two or three weeks which, considering my commute is 40 miles each way, has saved me an absolute fortune.
I’ve had the option to work from home since the start of Covid but I like to be around people so for the first six months or so, I went in every day, and then for the last year or so I’ve just been going in a couple of days a week. But with the fuel crisis being reported in the news and the super long queues at the petrol stations near me, I decided that it wasn’t a journey I needed to make so I’d leave the queuing for everyone else and save myself some money at the same time.
2) I feel like I say this every couple of weeks lately but I listed some more things on Vinted this week. I didn’t add much on there but I have a couple of things that are just a little bit big on me (which is a totally brilliant problem to have 😂 ) so I thought I’d whack them on and make a few pounds from them.
I’m losing weight slowly which is fine with me but at the minute it all seems to be coming off my legs which were the one place I’m good with not losing it from! Basically, most of my trousers are looking a bit baggy around the knees at the moment so I took a couple of photos of each pair and had them listed within 10 minutes of deciding to do it. I haven’t made a fortune but £18.75 is better than nothing so far and there’s still things on there waiting to sell.
You can find out how to sell on Vinted here.
3) I haven’t put my heating on yet despite the fact that the temperature has dropped a bit lately! I don’t think it’s going to be much longer though if I’m honest as I’m quite happy sitting in a jumper and some fluffy socks to keep warm but if I feel too cold in them then I won’t be adding another layer, I’ll just be turning the heating on.
We’re not fans of a warm house and both me and Master Frugal hate having the heating on as the house heats up so quickly and feels stuffy with the heating on so we’ll always pop a jumper on instead of switching on and we’re just not ready yet.
4) I bought a Christmas present yesterday using some Boots point that I’ve been saving up through the year. I’m aiming to be ready for Christmas completely by the end of November so I can really just enjoy the build-up to Christmas.
5) I’ve really been trying to focus on myself a bit more lately which is why I’ve not been on here too much. I’ve been on my exercise bike a lot lately and feel like I can do 22km at a reasonable resistance comfortably (ish) now when I’m just in the zone with my music on. I’m also having a bath every night instead of a shower and filling it with bubbles so I can have a really good relaxing soak and I feel like I’m just taking better care of myself in general which is making me feel quite content and happy right now.
I’ve been making some of my own DIY beauty pamper products including relaxing bath salts, a nice face mask and a couple of other bits that I might even share at some point. I do love making my own products as they usually cost less, use up something I have in that needs using up and most importantly, they make me feel happy as I enjoy the feeling of creating something useful.
Come over and join our fab Facebook group – Spend Less, Live Better! We’ve hit 35,000 members in the group now so it’s a great place to be and I’ve got Miss Frugal in there helping me out now.
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing anything you’ve done that’s been thrifty or frugal from your week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the Frugal Friday linky at the bottom of this post.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. If you’re interested, you can find out more about me here. 😉