Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
1) As always, my favourite way to start one of these weekly posts…
These ones look a bit sad but they only cost 50p so I’m hoping they might cheer up once they’ve had a soak.
I say this all of the time but I love fresh flowers, they really do make me smile so they’re never a waste of money to me.
2) OK, we finally gave in and bought Miss Frugal a Tassimo machine as I got some vouchers from work that meant we only ended up paying £5 for it as it was half price anyway and I had £30 worth of vouchers! It’s never been the cost of the machine that’s put me off when she’s asked for the last three thousand times, it was more the cost of the pods because they can be quite expensive if you don’t manage to get them on offer.
I had a good look around and the cheapest Tassimo pods that I’ve managed to find are actually in Tesco as they’re on offer right now at 2 packs for £7.00. Every Google search I’ve done recommends Amazon as the cheapest place to buy them but I thought I’d search anyway and checked on the Tesco, Asda and Sainsburys website and found them on offer in Tesco.
2) Did you see my Instant Pot Tomato Sauce recipe earlier this week?
I made a huge batch of it last weekend for the freezer but I only ended up freezing one portion as we used some for homemade pizzas on Monday night and on Tuesday night we made tuna pasta bake for tea which is basically just this tomato sauce, some tuna and some sweetcorn mixed in with pasta. I’m going to make another big batch this weekend and this time, I’m going to try and freeze it all.
4) Aaaand still doing the overtime at work! Not much more I can say here as I’ve said it every week for a while now but the overtime I’m doing is pretty much the reason that I don’t have time to do very much else right now so I’ll keep telling you while I’m doing it. 😉
5) My little chives are doing well on the kitchen windowsill!
It looks a bit lopsided as I’ve been chopping from the middle!
Look at the empty greenhouse in the background there, it’s a bit sad that I have an empty greenhouse and I’m over the moon with a single chive plant on the kitchen windowsill, isn’t it?
My garden has been a huge fail this Summer – partly due to time, partly down to motivation and a little bit because my back door was blown off its hinges and because of the lockdown we’ve really struggled to get fixed. But hey, there’s still time.
Come over and join our fab Facebook group – Spend Less, Live Better! We’ve almost hit 35,000 members in the group now so it’s a great place to be
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing anything you’ve done that’s been thrifty or frugal from your week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the Frugal Friday linky at the bottom of this post.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.