Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
1) It’s been way too long since I started a post with some bargain flowers…
These beauties were reduced from £4 to £1.78 and Carnations usually last quite well so, with any luck, they’ll still be brightening up the corner of my kitchen this time next week. 🤞
2) Last weekend was absolutely glorious weather so I took the opportunity to wash pretty much every piece of bedding and every towel in the house and get them all dried on the line outside.
I managed for a good ten years or so without a tumble drier but last year I caved in and bought one because I sometimes struggled to dry the random sports kits and various uniforms. I’ve put it in the garage though so it’s more effort for me to use which makes me think twice. It’s actually currently unplugged as I’ve not had to use it for a while now and I’d always rather dry the washing outside so this weather last weekend was perfect after the rain we’ve seen recently.
3) I had some leftover mashed potato from last week’s Sunday Dinner so I made a version of my cheesy mashed potato pancakes for lunch on Monday. I just added a tin of tuna which I drained really well so it was quite dry before I mixed it in.
Don’t judge me for this but I served them with poached eggs on top which sounds a bit random but was actually amazing!
4) I’ve been loving my exercise bike lately and really feel like it’s making a difference so I suggested to Miss Frugal that we do a spinning class together every week. We can’t find any class in our local area that doesn’t need you to be a member of a gym though which is a shame as there were quite a few that I know about before Lockdown. They either haven’t started back up again yet or they’re just not going to be in a position to start back up which makes me sad (for them and for me).
So, in the absence of an actual spin class, this is what I’ve been doing – absolutely free and from the comfort of my own home (I use the word comfort very loosely).
I’d be lying if I said I was able to keep up the whole time or that I always up the bike’s resistance when she tells me to but I do try and I get to the end without collapsing in a heap which is a good thing. My bike tells me that I burn around 248 calories in a 20-minute session which is fab but more than that, I feel good after a session which is even more important than the calorie burn.
5) And finally, I had an afternoon in the garden on Monday and did lots of veggie planting – I’ll share it with you in a separate post over the weekend I think but there’s going to be lots of goodies to come hopefully.
Let’s hope they do better than my sunflowers are getting on…
My first batch died outside so these are living on my kitchen windowsill until they get big and strong but honestly, they’re not looking all that great. Help!
Come over and join our fab Facebook group – Spend Less, Live Better! We’ve hit 35,000 members in the group now so it’s a great place to be and I’ve got Miss Frugal in there helping me out now.
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing anything you’ve done that’s been thrifty or frugal from your week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the Frugal Friday linky at the bottom of this post.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. If you’re interested, you can find out more about me here. 😉