Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
1) Did you see my homemade massage oil last weekend?
I made it because I had sore leg muscles after overdoing it on my exercise bike. 🙂 I made it using things I had in the house already and it worked really well when I used it on my poor achey legs!
2) I got a great deal on Miss Frugal’s mobile phone contract this week!
She’s on a SIM only contract at the moment as I paid for her phone upfront when we got it and I thought we were on a good deal at £20 a month for 30GB of data but it was due for renewal this week so as always, I had a look to see if I could get. better deal and I managed to increase her data amount to 160GB and save a couple of pounds at the same time which I’m really pleased with.
And I know, 160GB of data is a LOT but she always used her 30GB and needed me to send her more from my allowance so this means I won’t have to do that anymore.
3) I’ve cooked a couple of things this week that I really wanted to show you but I’ve realised that I haven’t taken photos of them! I made some turkey mince and lemon burgers with some turkey mince that we bought from the reduced section in Tesco and some random but yummy concoctions in my Actifry which I’m going to recreate and share with you!
To make up for the lack of photos of the meals I want to share with you, I’m treating you to a photo of Wednesday’s oven-baked donuts instead! Go read the post to find out the story behind them. 😂
4) How nice is it to be able to dry clothes outside?
I caved in and bought a tumble drier last year after going a good ten years without one but I do try and use it as little as I can so the weather we’ve had this week has been perfect. I’ve taken full advantage and washed all the bedding over the last couple of days so I could dry it all outside before the weather changes again.
5) And finally, I dyed my hair at home rather than paying a hairdresser to do it for me. Not the best photo but it’s a light Auburn colour and I actually quite like it even though it’s brighter than I was expecting.
The hair dye was £6.50 which is waaaay less than it would have cost in a hairdressers and I think it looks almost as good.
I’ll share a better pic when I do my hair properly which I think might even be this weekend as I’m actually going out. 😂
Come over and join our fab Facebook group – Spend Less, Live Better! We’ve hit 35,000 members in the group now so it’s a great place to be and I’ve got Miss Frugal in there helping me out now.
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing anything you’ve done that’s been thrifty or frugal from your week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the Frugal Friday linky at the bottom of this post.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. If you’re interested, you can find out more about me here. 😉