Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
This week, I’m going to do things a bit differently and tell you five things I have on my to-do list this weekend because I’m planning a bit of a life admin weekend. 😂
1) I know my car insurance is coming up for renewal in the next month as I’ve had an email to say my renewal quote is ready to be viewed so I’ll have a look at that and then have a search about to see if I can get a better quote, obviously using a cashback site like Top Cashback to get an even better deal.
2) I’ll write next week’s meal plan and get an online shop done to be delivered on Sunday night if I can manage to get a slot, if not then it’ll be Monday morning that I’ll go for. I’m definitely finding that I save money by doing my shop online and it’s so much easier too!
3) I’m going to submit up-to-date meter readings to Bulb for my energy meters as I’ve had a couple of emails to say it’s been a while since I submitted one. No idea why as it’s the easiest job in the world to nip outside and get the readings but I just haven’t done it for some reason so that’s a must for the weekend.
4) I’ve got a couple of things that I’ve bought recently that need taking back to the shop for one reason or another. Again, no idea why I haven’t just done it – I’ve just put the bags in the back of my car with good intentions but never actually got round to taking the items back so that’s a must for this weekend.
5) And the last one is much more fun than the rest! I’ve accumulated loads of ‘ingredients’ that I’ve bought to do some little DIYs at home but I’ve just not had time recently but this weekend, I absolutely plan to get them all laid out so I can try and remember what they’re all for and start doing some making.
I’m sure I have what I need to make all sorts – homemade cleaning paste, foaming coconut hand soap, homemade scrunchies, sugar scrubs, sleep sprays – all sorts!
Sorry it’s a bit boring today, I know it’s more like a to-do list for the weekend but I was hoping it might inspire some of you to have a couple of hour’s worth of life admin over the weekend. 😇
I’ll keep you up to date over on Instagram with how I get on (I know, exciting stuff, right?)
Come over and join our fab Facebook group – Spend Less, Live Better! We’ve hit 35,000 members in the group now so it’s a great place to be and I’ve got Miss Frugal in there helping me out now.
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing anything you’ve done that’s been thrifty or frugal from your week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the Frugal Friday linky at the bottom of this post.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. If you’re interested, you can find out more about me here. 😉