The week before Christmas is a time that I find hard to be frugal and not be tempted by all the goodies in the shops that I know I really don’t need and I do buy things that I wouldn’t normally buy – it is Christmas after all….
1. I tried to make some wall art for an extra Christmas surprise for Miss Frugal’s little quote wall in her bedroom and it turned out really well – the only problem was that she came downstairs as I was finishing it off and fell in love with it so she ended up taking it back upstairs with her!
The ‘Throw Kindness Like Confetti’ picture image was made by me just using Picmonkey (a great free online photo editing tool if you’ve not heard of it) and the second was an image I bought from Etsy for 73p. I just searched quotes on there and there are some beautiful free downloads that cost less than a pound. I loved this one ‘though she be but little she is fierce’ as it fits my little Miss Frugal. The frames are just cheap frames from the pound shop!
I think they look fab on the wall….
2. I had a hair cut this week and it struck me that I probably pay about a third of what my friends pay to get theirs done! I go to a local salon that I think really caters for the oldies and I opt for a quick wet cut without the faffing about of a wash and a blow dry. It cost’s £8 and I love it so much that I might even take a selfie when it’s not piled high on the top of my head in a mess!
3. We made homemade snowman soup as teachers presents this week and I’m really pleased with the way the finished presents looked. I like making homemade presents but I do like them to look like they’re not homemade if you know what I mean.
4. Master Frugal has asked for a couple of Xbox One games for Christmas so last week we sorted through some of our old games and took them back to trade them in against a new game and we managed to get enough to get the game for free and have enough left over for an Amazon voucher which went towards another present. The games cost between £35 and £45 each so the two games he wanted would have been a big part of the money we’d set aside for him!
5. I made part of my work’s Secret Santa present because I loved the one I made Miss Frugal so much. It’s my little Happiness in a Box gift and I think it’s lovely.
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
Don’t forget to follow the ‘Five Frugal Things’ Pinterest board as I’ll be pinning all of our frugal things photos on there. You can find it here if you want a quick peak….
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.