1) Despite the heat, I’m still loving soup for my lunch and I’ve had it three times this week. 😉 I bought a pack of pre-chopped soup mix from Asda in their reduced fruit and veg section so it worked out at around 15p a portion.
Even at full price these pre-prepared soup packs work out as good value although it is a little waterier (is that a word) than my version of spicy butternut squash and sweet potato soup but actually I do quite like it that way.
2) We went to the car boot sale last weekend and managed to get Tri-ominoes for the bargain price of 50p as our old and battered version has gone missing.
3) My hallway wall has been looking a bit bare since we relegated the big DVD cabinet we used to have there to the garage. I had one lovely canvas up there that I bought with some vouchers I got but it looked a bit lonely on the wall all by itself.
I found the two black framed prints in our local Aldi for £3.99 which is a LOT cheaper than the one in the middle would have cost if I hadn’t have had vouchers!! I shared the photo in out Live Well, Spend Less Facebook group and lots of people think the ones from Aldi look better than the one in the middle. What do you think?
4) We had a red pepper in the fridge that was looking past it’s best last Sunday so I decided to make some of our homemade Nandos Spicy Rice fakeaway for tea to go with our chicken rather than doing a full on Sunday lunch. It turned out to be delicious as it always is when we make this.
It looked so tasty that I decided to take more photos and update the post where I originally shared our recipe. 😉
5) I made a batch of homemade febreze as I’ve used more than normal over the last couple of weeks with it being so hot as the fresh smell has made me feel cooler for some odd reason!
I’m using an old photo though as my current Febreze bottle looks somewhat scruffier than this one!
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.