I’m a bit late this week aren’t I?
It’s just been one of those weeks this week and I’ve had so much going on that even as I’m starting to write this post, I’m not sure that I’ll manage to find five frugal things that I’ve done.
1) I was tempted to treat myself to a new handbag this week to cheer myself up (trust me, it was very much needed) but instead I used my Boots Advantage points to buy myself a lovely little Ted Baker makeup bag for free.
2) Ready made jars of sauce aren’t always a bad thing – especially when this come with this free curry dish!
For £1.68 I got some Tikka Masala sauce and a gorgeous curry serving dish from Asda this week – I’ve not tried the sauce yet but it was worth it just for the dish I think.
I’m definitely not against making life so we do use the odd jar and packet mix in our house – it’s nice to cook from scratch but I don’t always have the time and as well as that, sometimes cooking from scratch involves buying things I wouldn’t normally buy and won’t use again which is unnecessary expense and causes waste.
3) Last Sunday for Mothers Day we went out for a couple of hours at Byland abbey instead of having an expensive lunch out. We used our English Heritage cards so we didn’t have to spend a penny while we were there and I had much more fun that I would have sat eating a big meal.
Unfortunately (or not as it was) that was the only frugal thing about our day as Mr Frugal and the kids treated me to a lovely new Micheal Kors watch. This year was the first Mothers Day I’ve wanted to celebrate so they wanted to spoil me. 😉
4) I cooked a gammon joint for tea on Monday and made it stretch to Monday nights tea, sandwiches for lunch for me the nest day, ham and mushroom risotto for tea on Tuesday and cous cous with gammon and red onion for lunch on Wednesday for me. Not bad for a joint that cost less than £5!
Here’s the gammon and red onion cous cous served in my lovely free curry bowl….
5) I bought three big bottles of washing liquid as it was on offer for less than half price in Asda when I popped in earlier this week. I’m not really loyal to a particular brand as they all seem to do a good job when it comes to washing our clothes so I generally try and stock up when I see a brilliant offer like this!
I’m impressed that I made it to number five after the week I’ve had 😉
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
Don’t forget to follow the ‘Five Frugal Things’ Pinterest board as I’ll be pinning all of our frugal things photos on there. You can find it here if you want a quick peak….
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.
Image credit: Shutterstock, Gstockstudio