Five frugal things I’ve done this week:
1. We finally got around to having a car boot sale (you can read all about it here) and considering it was quite windy and we were mostly selling Miss Frugal’s
junk things I actually think we did really well. Everything that we didn’t sell went straight to the charity shop so I’d call that a frugal and de-cluttering success!
2. This one involves a bit of a white lie so please don’t hold it against me 😉
As I mentioned last week, Miss Frugal wanted a room makeover because she wanted her room to be a bit more grown up. We went to B&Q and bought some testers for colours that she liked and after a day or so of staring at them on her wall, she chose her favourite colour which just happened to be the most expensive! I went back to buy it without her and noticed that B&Q’s own range was half the price (£9 as opposed to £18.47) so I chose the closest colour to the one she liked. I told her that the one she liked had sold out but the lady who works there had told me that this was identical – I then distracted her for a few minutes while Mr Frugal started to paint making sure that he painted over the tester square before she came back in so she couldn’t see that it was a bit brighter than the one she’d loved.
It looks amazing and she loves it so my white lie was ok, wasn’t it?
3. We’ve been enjoying the sunshine this week but I’m getting a bit sick of the almost hourly visits from the ice cream van! I bought some ice cream cones, a biggish tub of vanilla ice cream and some strawberry sauce which cost just over £3 for the lot – it’ll make five times as many ice creams than I could buy for the same amount from the van!
4. Talking of the sunshine, we’ve been trying to have as much free fun outside as we can! We’ve had tea in the garden, family badminton tournaments (until we lost the last remaining shuttlecock over the fence) and even played with our old chalks on the path outside. This weather is amazing because there’s so much you can do outside without spending a penny!
5. Tea tonight was going to be minced beef cooked in the slow cooker with Yorkshire puds but when I popped to Tesco last night I managed to get two giant pizzas that look delicious and were reduced to just 44p each with today’s date on them so I’ve popped the mince in the freezer for next week and we’ll have pizza instead! I bought a salad and we have some reduced garlic bread in the freezer from a while ago so we have a meal for us all for under £2 which is good – espcecially as it’s one we can eat in the living room while we chill and watch a film.
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.