1) This is one of those thing that isn’t frugal but is at the same time but basically Miss Frugal has been getting a monthly subscription box called Birchbox for about four months now and she LOVES it! We pay half each for it and it’s quite good value for money in my opinion although I’m not usually a huge fan of these types of boxes generally. That’s the non-frugal part….
The frugal part is that I encourage her to review everything she receives in her monthly box as she gets points which translates into money that she can spend in the online shop. The points add up quite quickly and she already has £30 to spend in the store which feeds her make-up habit and makes me feel a bit better about paying for the box each month.
You can read our thoughts about the box here.
2) We’ve finally seen some sun this week so I’ve been out in the back garden painting my tatty old furniture. I’m only mid way through it but it’s looking really pretty. I’m giving my back garden a much needed garden makeover so I’ll be sharing that as soon as I’m done but here’s a sneak peak in the meantime….
(I know, everything is all over the place at the minute while I move everything about.)
3) I’ve managed to (almost) stick to my meal plan despite not being well and having no energy at all. I wavered mid-week and there was a takeaway ordered but I genuinely didn’t have the energy that day to do anything else. The rest of the week I’ve cooked easy teas and relied on everyone to help but both kids were shattered from school trips and Mr Frugal was working lates. On the plus side I bought a meal deal so we were all fed for £10.
4) I bought a new skirt for a night out I’ve been looking forward to – and then took it back as I decided to wear something I already had in that would look just as nice. As it happens I ended up not being able to go but still….
5) Did you see my personalised family travel map?
It’s made using a frame I bought from the Festival of Thrift a few years ago and a cheap world map poster and it looks amazing hung on Miss Frugal’s wall. It’s so much prettier and cheaper than the ones I’ve seen online!
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
Don’t forget to follow the ‘Five Frugal Things’ Pinterest board as I’ll be pinning all of our five frugal things photos on there. You can find it here if you want a quick peek….
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.
Image credit: Shutterstock, Gstockstudio