1) I won an award which I know that isn’t particularly thrifty of frugal in itself but bear with me here. 😉
I was really pleased to be awarded the Best Lifestyle and Money blog by the lovely team at UK Money Bloggers and gutted that I missed the big posh awards ceremony in London a few weeks ago as I would have loved to meet up with some of the lovely bloggers who were also nominated.
My prize arrived this week in the form of vouchers for M&S and (here’s where the frugal bit comes in) instead of spending it on yummy food of clothes and handbags, I decided to be practical and give my bathroom a long awaited makeover. I bought a big pile of fluffy towels, some new mats and some other pretty things and once the new flooring goes down this afternoon it’s going to look like a whole new room. I’ll show you a pic as soon as it’s all sorted.
2) We went to the Festival of Thrift last weekend and LOVED it!
I wrote about it here if you want to read in more detail about the day but basically, I’m now filled with ideas for upcycling and making some amazing things as gifts for people. As I learn to do them myself then I’ll share them with you so you can do the same. 😉
3) We harvested some of our veggies this week and although some of them were a little on the small side, they were definitely delicious so we can count our vegetable patch as a success. The mint has all died for some reason though so it’s back to the drawing board on that as I thought it was quite prolific and that we’d have a never ending supply.
4) When I went to Whitby over the Summer I found a big basket of dirty old glass medicine bottles for £1 each and I knew that they’d look brilliant in my kitchen with some flowers in if I cleaned them up. I bought three and headed off to the beach with my bargain bottles in hand where I washed one of then in the sea as I was so pleased to see how pretty it looked when it was free of all the dust and grime. With one thing and other, it’s actually taken me until this week to get them all properly cleaned and in their new home on top of my bureau in the kitchen. I’ve used the flowers from our DIY flower headbands now that festival season is over although I’ll pop fresh flowers in when I get chance.
5) I helped my Dad to cancel his Sky TV subscription this week and we’ve installed Now TV for him which is going to save him a huge amount of money every month as he was on the top package with Sky.
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
It was great to read all your five frugal things posts last week so thank you to those of you who took the time to link up a post with us. Emma and Becky and I would love to make think linky into a place to share all of our frugal ideas with each other so hopefully we’ll see even more of you linked up this week.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky rules
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
We’re looking forward to seeing all your lovely thrifty posts!
Don’t forget to follow my ‘Five Frugal Things’ Pinterest board as I’ll be pinning all of our five frugal things photos on there. You can find it here if you want a quick peek….
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.
Image credit: Shutterstock, Gstockstudio