I’m absolutely not going to get all morbid here but something’s happened lately that’s reinforced my belief that life really is too short and that you never know what’s going to happen from one day to the next. I’m not going to go into detail about what’s happened as it’s not really my story to tell but needless to say, it’s made me think about life in general and all of the things that I want to do while I can.
Because I love an excuse for a good list, I’ve spent some time writing down everything that popped into my head when I thought about the things I’d like to experience. It’s an odd little list if you read through it as I literally just typed what came into my head and didn’t think about the practicalities until I’d got to number 50.
Some are simple things, some are expensive and probably more than a little indulgent and some are things that are outside of my comfort zone but they’re all things that I would like to experience at least once.
- Visit New York
- Visit Milan
- Visit Munich
- Go back to Monte Carlo
- Travel first class
- Eat in a Michelin starred restaurant
- Go Glamping
- Go on a spa break
- Go to an away game football match
- Go to a musical on Broadway or in the West End
- Visit Kensington Palace
- Go back to the Vatican and appreciate the artworks
- Drink cocktails in a beer garden
- Have a BBQ on the beach
- Volunteer in a homeless shelter
- Treat myself to something designer
- Dye my hair
- Go sit in Costa on my own with a notebook and pen and just write
- Write a book
- Get a degree
- Be debt free
- Find a meditation class to join
- Learn to crochet
- Read a classic novel – I have never read anything like Gone with the Wind
- Try Yoga
- Grow my nails
- Learn to put on makeup properly
- Throw a dinner party
- Run 5k
- See the Northern Lights
- Go back to Egypt and appreciate the pyramids without spending the day worrying about getting burned in the heat.
- Convert my garage
- Rent an office or work space for blogging and photography
- Go camping in France
- Win a game of bowling
- Buy a new lens for my camera
- Be a mentor
- Do volunteer work somewhere that I can make a difference
- Get excited at a football matchMa
- Learn to play FIFA well enough to beat Master Frugal on the xbox
- Sort out all of my photos
- Make the kids a book of their childhood eac
- Buy a holiday home
- Take an extended holiday and travel
- Master a signature dish
- Be confident in a room full of people that I don’t know
- Learn to use my new drill
- Visit Amsterdam again but with the kids
- Grow herbs without killing them.
- Have a viral youtube video
What do you think – is it all achievable?
I definitely recommend everyone sitting down and writing a list like this at least once because there’s nothing like getting things down on paper to make you feel more accountable for actually doing something about achieving the things you want!
To help, I’ve got a little printable for you which hopefully should encourage you to write down your life goals – just click on the image and you’ll be taken to the printable version.
Have fun planning!
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.