Monday – Fish Pie.
Tuesday – Sausage and Bean Casserole.
Wednesday – Chicken egg fried rice / Fish fingers, chips and beans for Master Frugal.
Thursday – Sweet potato curry and rice.
Friday – Tuna pasta bake with crusty rolls seeing as we never had it last week when we planned to.
Saturday – Quesadillas.
Sunday – Sunday Dinner
25g plain flour
Parsley (fresh or dried)
This is one of those vague recipes where you really can just throw in whatever you fancy (within reason ;-)).
I made today’s fish pie using cod and salmon but you could add any type of fish really and if you want a posh fish pie you could even thrown in a handful of prawns too. I used the Youngs Salmon fillet chucks that we were sent as part of the Fish is the Dish campaign we’re taking part in. You can cook the chunks straight from the freezer so I just threw a handful into the dish I was using.
I added three almost cooked white fish fillets to the dish and two chopped hard boiled eggs.
Next I made the parsley sauce.
- Melt 25g butter in a pan.
- Add 25g flour to the pan and mix it over the heat until it forms a ball.
- Add a small amount of milk to the pan and whisk the ball into the milk. When they’re combined add the remainder of the milk.
- Keep whisking the mixture until it starts to bubble and thicken.
- Take off the heat while you add the parsley – either dried or finely chopped fresh.
- Put the pan back on the heat and simmer gently for another minute or so, stirring constantly.
You can get more meal plan inspiration from Mrs M and her meal planning linky….