I can’t tell you the number of times that I’ve written my big Christmas shopping list and left off something essential that’s meant an extra trip out back to the shop! This is a handy reminder of those often forgotten things that are essential to your Christmas wellbeing. 😂
Before you read on though… If you’re reading this after you’ve locked the door and closed the curtains on Christmas Eve then back away slowly and DO NOT READ. Let’s just hope you have everything and keep our fingers crossed that no one will notice what you don’t have.
Honestly, one trip to the supermarket is not ideal at this time of year never mind having to pop back out again if I’ve forgotten something essential.
And by essential, I mean something that’s absolutely non-essential but will potentially result in the ruin of Christmas if we don’t have it in. Who says my family is dramatic? 😂
So… this is my reminder of things that I should but often forget to add to my Christmas shopping list in the hope that it reminds at least one of you that you’ve forgotten something…
Things you need to add to your Christmas shopping list
1) Stuffing – because last time I forgot the stuffing there was almost a mutiny.
2) Cranberry Sauce – homemade cranberry sauce is nicer but for the easy option, add a jar to your shopping list.
3) Sellotape – because you’ll always run out about three presents from the end of your wrapping!
4) Batteries – AA and AAA always come in handy and if you’re anything like me, you’ll fit the batteries before wrapping the present for an easier life on Christmas morning!
5) Black sacks – running out of bin bags on Christmas morning is pretty close to disaster in my mind!
6) Ready-made custard – not sure I need to say anything on this one!
7) Double cream – something I always forget and someone always comments that it would have been nice on whatever pud I’m serving instead of custard! Honestly, you can’t please everyone, can you?
8) Mayonnaise – for all those leftover sandwiches.
9) Gravy granules – I know I should be making my own but gravy granules are just so much easier when I think about how much gravy my lot go through with their Christmas dinner!
10) Crackers – something I’ve forgotten myself this year and am now in a panic as none of the shops I’ve been in have any left!
I’m pretty sure I’ve still forgotten something – no idea what though!
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. If you’re interested, you can find out more about me here and while I’ve got your attention, if you’re wondering why some of my posts lately are a little bit less frugal then have a read of this post. 😉 Do your future self a favour – Pin this post for later: