I’m a huge fan of getting kids in the kitchen and teaching them to cook but from my own experience, the recipes they cook need to be fun, at least to start with. This recipe for my amazing white chocolate cookies is ideal because it’s fun, easy to make and the results are brilliant.
This recipe does use white chocolate M&Ms which I get from our local sweet shop as they have an American Candy section but you can get them off Amazon too or you can just use normal M&Ms or even Smarties or Mini Eggs.
How to make my Amazing White Chocolate Cookies
- 280g of Plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 225g of softened Butter
- 170g of Sugar
- 170g of packed Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 of a bag of White Chocolate M&M’s
- 250g of White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 190 c.
- Lightly grease a baking tray or if you prefer, line it with baking parchment.
- In a mixing bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt – set this to one side for a few minutes.
- In a second mixing bowl, blend butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla, until smooth.
- Add your eggs one at a time, mixing well each time.
- Gradually add your flour mixture in 1/3s, while you mix it well with your hand mixer.
- After the batter is mixed well, hand stir in your M&M’s and white chocolate chips in.
- Refrigerate your cookie mix for around 15 minutes.
- Roll your dough into one inch balls and place them on a baking tray making sure they’re well spread out.
- Bake for 4 minutes and then remove from oven and add sprinkles.
- Pop them back in the oven for another 5 minutes, until edges are golden.
- Let then cool.
Honestly, they’re not only amazing but the kids will have so much fun making them!
It’s this sort of fun recipe that my two first started with when they wanted to be more independent and cook on their own and now they can cook a full meal for us.
If you liked this recipe for white chocolate you can save it to your own recipe box if you use Yummly – just click on the YUM icon at the bottom of this post. You can find more of my favourite recipes here.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.