We’re loving Sunday’s since we started Cupcake Sundays, although I can’t say that they’re doing my diet much good 😉
Today’s cupcakes of the day are Lemon and Ginger Cupcakes and they’re quite possibly my favourite ones so far! They were inspired by a lovely lemon and ginger tea from Teapigs that I’ve been drinking this week.
150g self raising flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
150g cream cheese
To make 15 cupcakes:
- Cream the sugar with the butter.
- Add the eggs and beat the mix together.
- Add the juice and zest of one lemon along with a teaspoon and a half of ground ginger. You can add less ginger if you aren’t as keen.
- Fold in the flour and mix until everything is combined.
- Spoon into your cupcake cases and bake at about 180 c for around 15 – 20 minutes.
- Soften the cream cheese and add the zest of one lemon and the juice from half of the lemon.
- Add icing sugar and beat together until you get the consistency you want. Today I wanted a slightly softer icing sugar as I wasn’t going to be icing the cake with the swirly icing you see on all these posh cupcakes. I would have used more cream cheese and added a lot more icing sugar if I wanted a stiffer mix.
- Ice your cupcakes and decorate however you want to, if at all.