Baileys Irish Cream + Chocolate + Cake = AWESOME
These are my favourite cupcakes since I started Cupcake Sunday a couple of months ago. I’m guessing you could make them with Tia Maria aswell as I *think* that’s quite like Baileys but I’ve never had it so can’t say for sure!
For the cupcakes:
150g butter or margarine
135g self raising flour
35g cocoa powder
- Cream the sugar and the butter together.
- Beat in the eggs and Baileys.
- Sieve together the flour and cocoa powder and fold it into the cake mixture.
- Spoon into your cupcake cases and cook at 200 c for 15 minutes or so – you can tell they’re cooked because you can stick a knife in the centre of one of them and it’ll come out clean.
For the icing:
65g cocoa powder
250g icing sugar
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix 🙂 The easiest way to do it is to just pop a clean tea towel over the bowl and beat it together with some electric beaters. You can add more Baileys if you want but you might have to adjust the amount of icing sugar to compensate.