<div align="center"><a href="https://www.frugalfamily.co.uk" title="The Diary or a Frugal Family"><img src="https://cdn.frugalfamily.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/cookitblogitbadge.jpg" alt="The Diary or a Frugal Family" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Welcome to #CookItBlogIt which is my recipe linky. I made a new badge this week as a kind of a relaunch seeing as the lovely Emma from Crazy with Twins isn’t going to have time to host this with me anymore. Emma’s not well at the moment so if you have a minute, pop over to her blog and say hello. She’s in isolation at the moment while she’s treated for Cancer so I’m sure that she could do with as much love as possible at the minute!
So, on to this week’s recipe which is for risotto balls. They’re really delicious and a great way of using up leftovers and turning them into a new meal.
We all (except Master Frugal) love Risotto but I always, always make too much and end up with lots of leftovers. It used to be because I wasn’t great with my guesstimations but ever since I started making these little risotto balls, I’ve been making too much on purpose to guarantee that I have enough left over to make these!
To start with and to give you an idea of how I make risotto, here’s the recipe I use to make lazy oven baked risotto.
The leftovers can be turned into a whole new meal by making Risotto balls which are really simple to make and very, very delicious….
- You need to make a smallish sized ball using your leftover – a little bigger than a meatball but not too big as you want it to heat through when you’re cooking it.
- Make a well in the middle and pop a little bit of cheese in – any cheese is OK but we always use Philadephia or Mozzarella as it’s squidgier when it melts.
- Cover the cheese back up so it’s sealed in the centre of the risotto ball.
- Next, roll the risotto balls in breadcrumbs.
- You can either shallow fry them for about 5-10 minutes or cook them like I did in my Airfryer which took about 10 minutes. I’m thinking you could also oven cook them but I’m not sure about the timings for that.
So now it’s over to you, what have you been cooking recently?