This amazing Christmas Waffle Recipe genuinely tastes of Christmas and I guarantee you’re going to love it if you try it!
Life is generally too busy for us to manage to have a sit-down family breakfast but every now and again, we manage a Sunday morning where we’re all at home with no friends sleeping over and no work commitments. Those mornings are my favourite Sunday mornings because I just potter about the kitchen in my pyjamas and take my time making a lovely family breakfast for us all to enjoy together.
We managed one of those mornings yesterday and this is what I made….
Christmas Waffle Recipe
2 eggs, separated
125g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
25g melted butter
1 tablespoon golden syrup (totally optional – I add this in if I have it in and don’t if I don’t)
1 capful vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
a pinch of nutmeg
With this Christmas waffle recipe, you have two options, you can use the above ingredients to make the faffy version which is below, or you can just literally add everything into a bowl and mix until it’s all combined. Honestly, I’ve made it both ways now and the results are very similar taste wise – I can’t really describe the difference other than to say that the faffy version is fluffier. 😉
1) Add your egg whites to a clean bowl and whip them until they’re in soft peaks. In case you’re wondering, soft peaks are the stage your egg whites get to when you can use the which to form little peaks in the mixture.
2) In another bowl mix all of the dry ingredients together.
3) In a third bowl (I told you this was faffy) add the rest of the ingredients and give it a good mix.
4) Gradually add the dry ingredients to the ingredients in the third bowl until it’s totally mixed in.
5) Fold in the egg white mixture until it’s all combined.
6) I cook mine in my waffle iron on a medium setting but you can just as easily use some waffle moulds which you can pick up on Amazon for just a few pounds.
I have the slightly older version of this Sage waffle maker which I bought with some vouchers a couple of years ago and I do love it – I’ll be honest though, I use it mostly for omelettes rather than waffles (have a look at my alternative uses for a waffle maker here). 😉
If you liked this recipe for Christmas waffles you can save it to your own recipe box if you use Yummly – just click on the YUM icon at the bottom of this post.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram