I have just made Choccy Cinnamon cake with Miss Frugal, we’re not sure what it will taste like as it takes an hour to cook (!) but judging by the smells coming out of the kitchen it’s going to be gorgeous….
175g brown sugar
200g self raising flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 c.
- Grease and line a 8 inch round cake tin.
- Put the butter, sugar, flour, eggs, cinnamon, baking powder and milk into a mixing bowl and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Tip about half of the mixture into your baking tin and then spoon four or five blobs of chocolate spread on top of it.
- Put the rest of your mix into the baking tray and smooth it out.
- Use the skinny end of your spoon and swirl the mixture around a bit.
- Smooth it out again.
- Put the cake in the oven for about an hour or until the cake is springy to the touch. It might be worth putting some foil over it about half way through cooking to stop it from getting to brown on top (thats code for burnt)
If only it was smellynet then you could smell what I can smell right now!