Miss Frugal loves blueberries so they’re a regular on my shopping list – they’re not the cheapest fruit though so we often buy the frozen bags of it or buy as many as we can when we come across them reduced and freeze what we don’t eat.
Frozen blueberries are amazing in smoothies and most of the recipes I’m sharing with you below and it makes a relatively expensive fruit cheaper which is a huge plus.
My favourite way to cook blueberries is our traditional Sunday morning breakfast of American style blueberry pancakes (even though it’s been mostly replaced by waffles and waffle omelettes since we got the wafflemaker) so I’m going to share that recipe with you today….
American Style Blueberry Pancakes
225g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sugar
a pinch of salt
300 ml milk
- Melt the butter and leave it to one side.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl
- Beat the eggs, milk and the melted butter together and pour it into mixing bowl with the flour mix.
- Whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Add your blueberries.
- Heat some butter into a frying pan and spoon a dollop of the mixture into the hot pan.
- You can tell when you need to flip it because small bubbles start to appear on the surface.
- Flip it and cook the other side.
- Red White and Blueberry Sundae
- Summer Peach Blueberry Trifle Recipe
- Peach & Blueberry Pizza
- Blueberry Shortcake
- Blueberry Coconut Popsicles
- Blueberry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast
- Blueberry Waffles with a Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting | That Square Plate
- Pancakes with a Blueberry Peach Sauce
- Whipped Lemon Cheesecake and Blueberry Parfaits Recipe
- Blueberry Crumb Bars
- Iron Skillet Blueberry Cobbler
If you liked these blueberry recipes you can save them to your own recipe box if you use Yummly – just click on the YUM icon at the bottom of this post.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also find me on BlogLovin, Yummly and Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.