Yesterday was my favourite day for ages as Miss Frugal and I had a girly afternoon in the kitchen together. She made all sorts of Lush inspired goodies and I baked some delicious chocolate chip banana bread which I’m just about to go and serve up to Mr Frugal with a cup of tea since I’ve got him painting the living room today. I hope he likes it as much as we enjoyed our slices yesterday!
This is a great way to use up bananas that are just on the turn and to be honest, it’s just as lovely without the chocolate chips and the Nutella so if you don’t have them, don’t buy them just to make this.
Amazing Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (with optional Nutella Swirls)….
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
200g brown sugar
115g butter, melted
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
375g self raising flour
Milk chocolate chips
Optional – Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees c and line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper
- Beat the brown sugar together with the melted butter.
- Add the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and whisk until it’s all combined.
- Gently old in the flour.
- Stir in the mashed bananas and chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mix into your loaf tin. When I’m using Nutella I generally pop a layer of the banana mix (about a third of it) on the bottom of the loaf tin and then add a few random spoons of Nutella. I then layer in the next third of the batter and do the same again with some Nutella. Top it off with the last of the banana batter and you’re all done.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
Mine has a light sprinkling of icing sugar on because I was chatting on the phone to my friend so I forgot to take it out of the oven on time so it’s a bit browner than usual on top. 😉
If you liked this recipe for Amazing Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (with optional Nutella Swirls) you can save it to your own recipe box if you use Yummly – just click on the YUM icon at the bottom of this post.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also find me on BlogLovin, Yummly and Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.