It goes without saying that I love my family and I wouldn’t change anything about them as people but there are little habits that they have that I most definitely would change!
- I wish they’d learn not to put the hamsters in the bath when they’re cleaning their cages – the last thing I want to see during a relaxing bath is a hamster poo floating past my face.
- Speaking of baths, as much as I love talking to them about their days, I’d love the occasional bath in peace where it’s just me, some bubbles and a magazine!
- I wish that someone in the family other than me would realise that empty toilet rolls are no longer of any use in the bathroom and should be put in the recycling pile and not left on the toilet roll holder.
- I wish the kids would learn not to tell me that they need a wee approximately 10 seconds AFTER we pass a service station.
- I wish everyone would put packaging in the bin when they take the last thing out of it. Today alone, I’ve gone to get a cake and found just an empty box sitting in the fridge and then tried to make some crispie cakes, only to find we were all out of crispies despite the box sitting on the shelf!
- I wish they wouldn’t leave their shoes in random places as it’s an absolute certainty that wherever they are, I’ll fall over them.
- I wish they (by they I mean Miss Frugal for this one) wouldn’t claim any item of makeup in the house as her own. I often ‘lose’ things only to have them turn up in her room weeks later.
- I wish they would learn (and this one is all Master Frugal) that changing socks is a daily thing and not a weekly task. I don’t care if he is particularly attached to a certain pair of socks, they still need to be changed!
- I wish they wouldn’t have the memory of an elephant when it comes to something I want them to forget (like me falling over last month) but the memory of a goldfish when it comes to something I need them to remember (like a job I want them to do).
- Oh, and I just thought of another one! I wish that it was possible to take a photo of us all without at least one person pulling a silly face. 😉
Would you change anything about your family?
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also find me on BlogLovin, Yummly and Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.