I’m not going to lie, Fathers Day has been the furthest thing from my mind this week and in typical me fashion, I now have one day to sort a present. I also have two uncooperative children who have other plans for today meaning that a homemade gift is out of the question unless I make it myself and that’s kind of not the point is it?
So, while they’re both out and about today I’ve asked them to get their Dad something they know he’ll like to present to him tomorrow. This could turn out disastrously wrong or it could be quite sweet but I’ll let you know either way.
We don’t really go over the top for Mother’s Day and Father’s Day and the gifts that we buy are usually just token gifts that mean something rather than just a gift for the sake of giving a gift if you know what I mean.
These are some of the things that I’ve suggested that they consider buying him:
- A cheeky little fidget spinner as he keeps stealing theirs so even though he wouldn’t ever ask for one or spend money on one I know he’ll have a bit of fun with it.
- A box filled with his favourite chocolate bars and sweets.
- Some lounge pants or pyjamas which are really cheap in places like Primark, Asda and Tesco.
- A PS4 gift card because there’s often a game he’s after on the Playstation store.
- Cinema tickets as I know there’s a few films he’d like to go and see.
- Headphones as he had to use my Rose Gold ones when we went to Milan.
- A tour of the Riverside Stadium.
There’s also lots that they can do that won’t cost a penny:
- Breakfast in bed.
- A promise to wash his car (properly).
- Master Frugal can bake his famous chocolate tray bake which is always popular.
I can’t wait to see what they come up with!
Luckily we’re pretty much covered for cards and I do have a back-up present plan if it all goes wrong thanks to the little delivery we got from Hallmark this week….
Mr Frugal has always loved his super-heroes so these cute little itty bittys will definitely put a smile on his face. Although I’ve just noticed from the picture that the Scooby Doo itty bitty has gone *missing* which, I suspect, means that Master Frugal has claimed him for himself.
The range of cards they’ve sent us are brilliant too but to be fair, I wouldn’t expect anything less from Hallmark as I’m familiar with their cards already and always manage to find something in their range for any occasion whatever my budget is. Now they just have to fight over who gets to give him which card. 😉
What have you bought the Dad in your life for tomorrow?
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.