As we all know, keeping young ones entertained can be a challenge to say the least! Especially if you’ve got more than one, different interests and hobbies can leave you lost as to what activities will ensure that everyone is kept entertained. To help inspire you, we’ve created a list of diverse, fun and economical family days out in the UK;
- Port Lympne & Howletts Park, Kent: These wild animal parks offer an experience that is truly like no other. In a valiant attempt to preserve animal wildlife and protect species from extinction, The Aspinall Foundation has been creating incredible environments and homes for hundreds of animals for over 30 years. Immerse yourself in vibrant surroundings bursting with some of the most unique creatures on the planet.
Special activities include animal encounters, VIP safaris, dusk safaris and a keeper academy course – get involved now! Adults: £18.85, child: £15.24, book online for a 10% discount.
Why not visit their activities page to plan a memorable day out for you and your family.
Image Source: Courtesy of Port Lypmne, Aspinall Foundation
- Ness Gardens have a whole heap of family-orientated fun going on this summer for an unforgettable day out. Don’t miss their ‘Children’s Fun Day’ on the 22nd July; an annual event filled with a wide range of entertaining activities. Choose from wildlife family trails, wall climbing, archery, pony rides and tons more! There’ll also be picnics, BBQ’s and ice-cream a plenty. No need to book, just turn up on the day. Children under five free, children 5-16yrs £3.50 and adults £7.50.
Image Source: Courtesy of Ness Gardens
- Jorvik Viking Centre has become one of the most popular visitor attractions in the UK and for good reason. With the remains of 1,000 year old houses revealed beneath your very feet, it’s hard not to get excited and enthusiastic over one of the most famous discoveries of modern archaeology. Explore the past, learn everything about the Vikings, and experience life in Viking-age York – it really is like hopping in a time machine! A family ticket is just £30.95.
- Kenilworth Castle and Elizabethan Garden, Warwickshire: The historical grounds (4,000 acre) were once at the heart of a 1,600 hectare park surrounded by a man-made lake. Hugely impressive, these ruins reveal tons of incredible snippets into a medieval and Tudor past.
Members go free, Adults: £9.60, Children: £5.80.
- Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire, is a breath-taking country house which was built to celebrate the victory over the French in the War of the Spanish Succession, and so represents an iconic part of history. Blenheim palace hosts a range of sporting and cultural events across the year so there’s bound to be something gloriously exciting going on when you visit. You simply have to visit this awe-inspiring, historical gem. A family ticket: £59.
Are any of these on your must visit list for the Summer?
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.