1) There’s not long until Miss Frugal and I head off to New York and the other day I was having a quick double check of our flight times and I noticed that there was an option to register an British Airways Executive Club card to collect some Avios points on our booking. I’d noticed this before but didn’t do anything as we’re not exactly frequent flyers but I just thought I’d have a look into it to see if the points were actually worth anything to us. Surprisingly, it totally was worth registering as the points we earned from our booking can be spent on-board with BA for food and drinks so we’ll be able to use them on our flights which is brilliant.
It just shows you that it’s always worth collecting any loyalty points that you’re eligible for with companies.
2) It’s my birthday today and rather than let Mr Frugal go out and waste money buying a cake that never tastes as nice as a homemade one as he usually does, I asked him to ‘encourage’ Master Frugal to make one of his amazing chocolate traybake cakes instead.
I’m guessing that this has been made seeing as I was banished from the kitchen last night and there’s currently a traybake shaped foil wrapped shape in the fridge. 😉
3) I had an unexpected few days off work last week as I had some holidays to use up before the next holiday year starts so I spent a full day having a bit of a finance review. This month is the best month for us to do that as lots of our renewals are due as well as my phone contract being up. I’ll tell you more at the end of March as I have some more work to do on it next week and I want to share all the savings together but it’s looking good so far!
4) I bought some amazing Hyacinth plants from the car boot sale last Sunday morning – they were priced up as £1 each but the man ended up selling us 3 for £1 which was an amazing bargain. Look how pretty they are….
I have a cute little garden pot that I’m going to pot these into I think, they’ll be OK if I do that and put them outside won’t they? Any advice from gardeners would be fab!
5) Did you see my post yesterday about dried rose petals? I made some lovely dried rose petals using a reduced bunch of flowers that I got and with the resulting petals, I made another batch of our Valentines rose petal body scrub. I also made some rose petal lip scrub and a couple of other things that I’ll tell you about next week sometime.
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also find me on BlogLovin, Yummly and Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.