I’m half way through the first three months of the year so in theory, I should be half way through my first giant to do list of the year.
Nope, not even close.
I’ve made a start but still, there’s a long way to go and I’m thinking that I may possibly have over estimated what I can actually achieve in the short space of time that I’ve given myself. I’m still going to give it a good go though so hopefully, everything will be ticked off when I do my next update at the start of April.
(The one’s in red are the ones that I’ve managed to do)
- Get curtains for my living room. I have lovely blinds but I want some curtains – the only problem is that I need to put a curtain rail up first and neither me or Mr Frugal have a clue.
- Get blackout blinds for children’s bedrooms.
- Book a date for the photography lesson I have bought from Groupon. I’ve chosen the date even though I haven’t actually booked it. Does that count?
- Take photos of everything we do – my camera phone is good for this.
- Join in with Project 365 which is a great way of recording our memories.
- Read The Hobbit.
- Get new (to us) wardrobes and drawers for our bedroom.
- Get the sink in the en suite bathroom fixed.
- Paint/wallpaper a feature wall in our bedroom.
- New mattress for our bed.
- Clear out the garage – it’s currently bursting at the seams.
- Make Mr Frugal sort our his huuuge CD & DVD collection and move some to the cleared out garage to free up some space in the house.
- Get rid of the old guinea pig cage and run from the back garden.
- Clear out the drawers in the kitchen unit and the craft cupboard – implement some sort of system to keep it tidy rather than it just being a dumping ground.
- Manage to keep the lids to my plastic boxes stored with the actual boxes so at any time I can reach into the cupboard and find a box and a lid.
- Have a monthly home spa night with Miss Frugal.
- Find something special that Master Frugal and I can do together and do that once a month. This may be just playing his favourite XBox games but I’m hoping we can find something I like too!
- Visit the Legoland hotel.
- Go camping.
- Book some sort of family city break – last year we did Dublin and London and we had a great time.
- Cook one new meal a fortnight.
- Have at least one electronics / mobiles / TV / laptop free night a week.
- Continue to lose weight – hopefully at least another 1 1/2 stone before the end of March.
- Manage to run further than round the block without thinking I’m going to die!
- Increase over-payments to mortgage.
- Use eBay to possible to sell whatever we don’t need to make extra money.
- Pay off 1 debt (amount remaining £320).
- Get the hang of Windows 8.
- Get back into the habit of a date night with Mr Frugal once a week.
- Read one book a month that I wouldn’t normally read.
- Have some ‘me’ time once a week.
- Find some time to get back into reading and commenting on other peoples brilliant blogs.