I bet you didn’t know it was World Nutella Day on Tuesday did you? Seeing as it is, I decided it would be rude not to blog one of my favourite Nutella recipes and link it up to #CookitBlogit, which is the weekly recipe linky that Emma from Crazy with Twins and myself started last week. You can link up your recipe by popping over to Emma’s blog and while you’re there, you can check out the delicious looking pie that she’s made this week!
I’m pretty sure that World Nutella Day isn’t an official holiday so we won’t get the day off work or anything but least it’s an excuse to eat Nutella (if ever you needed one). It was started in 2007 by two fellow bloggers Sara and Michelle and over the last few years that I’ve been joining in, it seems to be getting bigger and more popular each year.
Last year we made Nutella pasties and in previous years we’ve made Nutella cupcakes, Nutella cookies and even Nutella mousse and this year I thought I’d share my recipe for peanut butter brownies but add in a bit of Nutella to them because Nutella and peanut butter go together really well.
Peanut Butter and Nutella Brownies
135g peanut butter
60g butter or margarine
60g brown sugar
125g self raising flour
Nutella to swirl in
- Cream together the peanut butter and butter together.
- Add in the sugar and eggs and beat together until well combined.
- Fold in the flour.
- Pour about two thirds of the mixture into a greased baking tin
- Then melt some Nutella in the microwave for about 10 – 15 seconds and blob on to the mixture in the baking tray.
- Cover each blob of Nutella completely with the rest of the peanut butter batter and bake at 180 c for around 25 minutes.
So now I’ve shared my new favourite recipe for Nutella and Peanut butter brownies with you, it’s your turn. Go and link up a favourite recipe with #CookitBlogit….