I posted my New Years resolutions a few days ago and this is quite a similar post to be honest so I may never even hit the Publish button. It might just be my own personal little thing that I can refer to every now and again to see how many things I’ve actually got around to doing.
On the other hand, I think I will publish it and share little updates with you every now and again….
Basically, this is my to do list for the first three months of the year – I’ll do another one in April along with a full update on what I’ve actually achieved from this one! I’ve written a list of very specific things that I want/need to do because I’m really good at saying ‘I really want to do this’ or ‘that really needs doing’ but not actually very good at taking action.
Also, between illness, stressy things and laptop failures going on, I haven’t really had the time or the energy recently to do very much other than the absolutely essential stuff and I’d really like that to change.
- Get curtains for my living room. I have lovely blinds but I want some curtains – the only problem is that I need to put a curtain rail up first and neither me or Mr Frugal have a clue.
- Get blackout blinds for children’s bedrooms.
- Book a date for the photography lesson I have bought from Groupon.
- Take photos of everything we do – my camera phone is good for this.
- Join in with Project 365 which is a great way of recording our memories.
- Read The Hobbit.
- Get new (to us) wardrobes and drawers for our bedroom.
- Get the sink in the en suite bathroom fixed.
- Paint/wallpaper a feature wall in our bedroom.
- New mattress for our bed.
- Clear out the garage – it’s currently bursting at the seams.
- Make Mr Frugal sort our his huuuge CD & DVD collection and move some to the cleared out garage to free up some space in the house.
- Get rid of the old guinea pig cage and run from the back garden.
- Clear out the drawers in the kitchen unit and the craft cupboard – implement some sort of system to keep it tidy rather than it just being a dumping ground.
- Manage to keep the lids to my plastic boxes stored with the actual boxes so at any time I can reach into the cupboard and find a box and a lid.
- Have a monthly home spa night with Miss Frugal.
- Find something special that Master Frugal and I can do together and do that once a month. This may be just playing his favourite XBox games but I’m hoping we can find something I like too!
- Visit the Legoland hotel.
- Go camping.
- Book some sort of family city break – last year we did Dublin and London and we had a great time.
- Cook one new meal a fortnight.
- Have at least one electronics / mobiles / TV / laptop free night a week.
- Continue to lose weight – hopefully at least another 1 1/2 stone before the end of March.
- Manage to run further than round the block without thinking I’m going to die!
- Increase over-payments to mortgage.
- Use eBay to possible to sell whatever we don’t need to make extra money.
- Pay off 1 debt (amount remaining £320).
- Get the hang of Windows 8.
- Get back into the habit of a date night with Mr Frugal once a week.
- Read one book a month that I wouldn’t normally read.
- Have some ‘me’ time once a week.
- Find some time to get back into reading and commenting on other peoples brilliant blogs.