An alternative use for a wooden spoon….

We were going to make sock puppets today but we had a bit of a disaster when we tried to stick the bits on to the sock.  Never one to give up at the first hurdle, we decided to make wooden spoon puppets instead.

We didn’t use anything special, just some pipecleaners and sparkly bits from our craft box.  Predictably, Miss Frugal made a princess and Master Frugal made a scary dragon.

Then we made the simplest theatre you’ve ever seen – Miss Frugal made a sign and stuck it to the front of a box we picked up when we went shopping.

It definitely wasn’t an oscar winning performance – the dragon ate the princess.  End of.

I won’t be vlogging it you’ll be relieved to know ;-)

Comments

1. says

Wow what a great idea, wish I would have thought of that when my kids were younger… I guess it wil be one to do with grandkids when they come.

2. says

You might be so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before.So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject.realy thank you for beginning this up.this web page is something that is needed on the web, an individual having a little originality.helpful job for bringing some thing new to the world wide web!

3. says

It's so good to see the kids together doing something to entertain themselves. They surely had enjoyed what they are doing. They may be making their next show, right?

4. says

To be honest I have never really had a great relationship with wooden spoons. As a kid growing up in 50's New Zealand wooden spoons were most mums/dads "deterrent" of choice when it came to disciplining wayward youngsters. I, and most of my friends, "fondly" remember developing our running skills across the back lawn with mum close behind taking swipes on the backs of our legs – ouch. Looking back – it never did us any great harm and we were still very much loved. It just goes to show how much societies have matured over the years – the thought of hitting a child with a wooden spoon now is abhorrent to most mature societies. Great post – thank you.

• Dave says

nzer,
      Did we have the same parents? Could they also have lived in Ohio? I was raised much the same way. As my wife and I raised our three we sharply curtailed physical disciple and our grandchildren receive zero. I wonder if there is a study with the results. BTW, I still think my grandkids get more from the boxes.

5. magicmummy says

I now have no wooden spoons left but we do have a king and a dog puppet too – they love them!

6. magicmummy says